Assalamualaikum dearest readers,
Alhamdulillah, after many months of hard work, the Kembara Syifa’ newsletter is now here!
It is now available for purchase for only RM10 (downloadable PDF). Lots of info pertaining to mental health. The first ever mental health newsletter produced by a patient group Alhamdulillah. Amazing individuals behind the production of course! All the funds collected from the sale of the newsletter will be used to carry out our activities and services In shaa Allah.
- The Road to Recovery: A Journey that Every Patient Must Embark (by Dr. Abdul Kadir)
- Listening, Asking, and Being Available to Help Can Save Lives (by Dr. Chan Lai Fong)
- Overcoming the Grief of Living with Mental Illness (Prof. Dr. Marhani Midin)
- Mental Illness from the Perspective of an Islamic Spiritual Healer (by Ustaz Noor Deros)
- World Mental Health Day 2018: Young People and Mental Health in a Changing World (by Raz Adibah Roslan)
- When Does the Pain End? (by Anita Abu Bakar)
- Reflecting on Our Response to Suicides (by Raz Adibah Roslan)
- Our Warriors’ Stories (inspiring stories on the hardships and recovery journey of people with mental illness)
- Patients’ Art Corner (inspiring artwork submitted by our readers)
- A Brief History of Mental Illness (a piece on the history of important events and people that contribute to the field of knowledge on mental illness)
- Mental Health FAQs
- MIASA’s Events & Programme Updates
- Scientific and Technological Breakthroughs in Mental Health (featuring Optimal Health Plan (OHP) programme and Esketamine nasal spray.
- FREE printable note pages
Check out some of the pages in this issue (images blurred for preview purposes):
Included with your purchase is a set of two note pages, specially designed by our own designers inspired by World Mental Health Day 2018 theme: Young People and Mental Health in a Changing World: