Assalamualaikum dearest readers,
We define holistic based on a “bio-psycho-social-spiritual” care model.
- By raising awareness across traditional / social media and events,
- By advocating for patients’ rights to the mental healthcare professionals, educators, and policymakers,
- By providing relief support through our network of professionals and peers patients, and
- By providing livelihood support for our patients to re-integrate into society by training them with the skills to support themselves.
- Everyday administrative and marketing operations (printing brochures, business cards, posters, buntings, etc.),
- Hosting and participating in mental-health related conferences and events as a consumer group,
- Merchandising MIASA-related products for long-term financial viability of the organisation,
- Helping patients for their medical expenses and cost of transportation for them to go for therapy.
As mental health is an often side-stepped conversation in the national health agenda, we need your help to continue fighting for a better Malaysia for our fellow patients. May Allah ease our journey, Ameen, and may Allah bless you for your contributions to our cause.