Assalamualaikum dearest readers,
We pray that may you be in the best of health and imaan.
With regards to the news and many events surrounding mental illness that have been in the spotlight recently, we feel responsible to address them in order to correct the misunderstandings that occurred. Hence, we’ll be conducting a press conference with the theme “STAND IN SOLIDARITY FOR MENTAL ILLNESS” on July 11th, 2018 from 10am – 12.30pm.
We are inviting all media and celebrities that are for mental health to come and support this.
Theme: “Stand in Solidarity for Mental Illness”
Date: July 11th, 2018 (Wednesday)
Time: 10am – 12.30pm
Venue: MIASA Malaysia (click here for map location)
* Light meal will be provided
- Who is MIASA and what we do for mental illness patients;
- The relationship between mental illness, stigma, and recovery;
- Commentary on recent homicide and suicide cases involving mental illness patients and its impact to stigma;
- Commentary on recent celebrity controversy regarding misrepresentation of mental illness terms and its impact to stigma;
- Ethical reporting of mental illness through media and entertainment to fight the stigma on mental illness;
- Upcoming MIASA events related to raising awareness and advocacy.
Contact us to RSVP:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 03-7732 2414 / 019-236 2423 / 014-223 6938 (if there is no reply, please try again as these are our Helpline numbers as well)
May Allah ease and may this create the much needed impact for change and the better understanding amongst public. Thank you.